Surprise! We are still alive! We didn't fall off the face of the earth...I just have gotten too pregnant to do much except be uncomfortable. Mostly we hang around the house, but that is okay. We did have a snow day at the beginning of January!
Sam woke up and could not wait to go out and play. Mean ol' Mom made him wait until it was light outside.
Sadly, that was about the extent of the snow. At least it stayed for a couple of hours :)
Austin was thrilled with the snow as well. He loved walking back & forth watching his footprints.
Love that cheese face.
Not a day passes without a little Superhero Mayhem! Sam & Austin love to pretend they are Superman & Batman. One will "fall down" and call for help. "Superman to Batman...I need help!" Then the other will run over and lift the fallen superhero back up to their feet. Sweetest thing I have ever seen.
So we had snow and we had sun! I love the February fake-out. We get a bunch of sunny and relatively warm days sandwiched in between the rain. Being true Washingtonians, we try our best to take advantage of every minute! Austin finally got to try out his birthday present...a shiny red bike!
Sam is cruising around on his bike now that his legs are finally long enough. Yes, we know there are no training wheels on his bike. No pedals either. We took them off at the advice of the local bike shop. He is learning to balance scooting himself around with his feet first and then we will put the pedals back on. Seems to be working so far...
My camera occasionally gets hijacked.
A little father & son bonding for the ward's raingutter regatta!
Guess who has a big boy bed?! Picture courtesy of Sam. Yep, the boys are now in the same room with the much-anticipated bunk bed! Austin is doing great and only falls out of bed occasionally.
Finally, Sam just did another session of soccer class. What a difference a year makes! At age 4, he can follow directions, listen to the coaches, and pay attention long enough to do the drills. I love watching him stretch. It cracks me up every time.
Sam's favorite drill...running Super Fast!
Pushups. So, so funny. Wish I had done a video.
Sam's 2nd favorite drill...they set up all the cones and then he runs around and knocks them all down!
Austin and I? We hang out on the sidelines and have snacks. Austin is dying to be out on the field too. Hopefully we can get him into a class after baby is born.
And that brings us to today! Last day of February and 11 days to go until D-Day. Not that I'm counting. If only baby had a name...
No comments:
Post a Comment