Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentines Day and Snow Fun

Happy Valentines Day!  We had a fun week this week celebrating Valentines Day as a family.  With a baby that wants to eat every 3 hours ON THE DOT OR ELSE, we opted to stay home this Valentines Day.  Sammy and I made valentines for each person in our family.  Sam chose the colors, I cut out the hearts and wrote the names, and he decorated them.  I think we did a pretty good job, right?  Besides being a fabulous decoration :) , it gave us a fun way to work on learning letters.  "S is for Sammy" and "A is for Austin".


Sam showing off our artwork.  Classic Sam cheese face.

Ryan was in charge of dinner.  Take-out was perfectly acceptable, but Ryan (the master chef that he is) made us a super yummy dinner instead.  He even planned dessert: Belgian Liege-style Waffles with Nutella and Strawberries.  Heaven on a plate.


This picture doesn't do it justice.  If I were a better food-blogger I could describe how amazing this was.  The best part?  Ryan got the ingredients at Costco so we could have this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for dessert.  Oh how I love you Ryan.


The second-best part?  Ryan offered to clean up the kitchen too.  Yes I took a picture of it.  I wish every day was Valentines Day.

Wednesday morning started just like any old morning...Ryan left for work at 6:30, Sam got up around 8 and started watching Mickey Mouse while he ate breakfast.  I was working on the computer when I heard, "I make snowman.  I make snowman." over and over.  I start into my usual spiel of, "Making a snowman is fun, but remember honey it doesn't snow here very often...", but he kept repeating "I make snowman.  "I make a SNOWMAN!"  I turn around to see Sam peeking out through the blinds.  Thinking it must be raining really hard or something, I open the blinds to see this:


Our yard covered in snow (okay so it was only an inch or two...thats a lot for us!) and tons of super fat snowflakes falling fast.  What a surprise!  I guess I really should start watching the weather report.  Sammy and I hurried to get dressed and went out to play in the snow.  Austin was asleep, so he missed meeting snow for the first time.


Sammy had a blast playing in the snow.  Mostly he just ran around like a wild man.


Sam trying to watch the snow fall.  He kept getting hit in the eyes.


We never did get a snowman made.  Sam was more interested in making and throwing snowballs.


He was so cute.


We played until Austin woke up from his nap.


The perfect thing to do after playing in the snow?  Drink Hot Chocolate!  Also a great bribe to get a cold kid in the house :)  Well, the snow was fun and the best part was no shoveling required.  The sun came out and it was gone by lunchtime.

No blog post would be complete without a cute picture of Austin.  Here he is playing the piano with Daddy.  I think he is going to love music as much as Sammy does.  


We hope your week was just as fun as ours was!


No comments: