Hello!
It's Ryan here, and it has been quite some time since I have contributed to this blog. These kids have been so much fun... but also suck the energy right out of me! But I digress... A month back or so I was reminded why children are so precious and pure in our Heavenly Father's eyes.
Sam had been practicing his balance on his bike without the pedals on. He bugged me each week asking me to put the pedals on. He assured me he was ready. I finally gave in to his request. Sam then put on his helmet, and walked with me to a nearby circle to tackling the challenge of riding a "big boy bike".
On the way to the circle, I noticed that I was walking by myself. I lost my buddy! I turned around and saw Sam bowing his head on his bicycle bars. I backtracked so I could hear what was the sweetest prayer to God.
I have never seen Sam do this before, and was taken back by the incident. He prayed that he could be safe and protected as he biked. He asked that he would have fun and not fall off his bike. He then ended the prayer and continued his journey to the circle.
Sam then went up the small incline in the street and proceeded down hill. He pedaled away on his first try! He was so proud of himself, and he ended up biking the whole time without an accident. All I could do was just smile and thank my Heavenly Father for the lesson I learned that day.
We are asked to be as a "little child" in the scriptures. I can see why. Sam doesn't know all the mysteries of the world, but he does know the basics. He knows why he is here, where he is going, and who to turn to when he needs a hand.
He told me that night that he knew he was going to be okay because he prayed to his Heavenly Father for protection. That simple act of faith was a testimony builder to Stephanie and I. This is yet another example that parents, though responsible for teaching their children, are able to learn from them as well. Stay calm and bike away my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment