This summer, we saved up all of Ryan's vacation days for a trip back to Utah. We were all excited to go, but no one was as excited as Sam. Every morning he would ask me, "We go to the airport and fly on the airplane?" and I would reply, "Not yet. In ___ (insert # here) more days." Finally, the day of he started asking me the same question every hour or so! Anyway, we were able to stay for 10 days. Most of those days were action-packed so we have lots of pictures!
Day 1: Flight to Utah & the Farnsworth Family
We left for the airport right after Ryan got off work. The plane ride was uneventful except for a minor apple juice incident...sorry about that Ryan :) It's not my fault Austin has such long arms and those little plastic cups are so unsteady. Also, I didn't mean to laugh...but it was just so funny.
Anyway, due to our bedraggled state, the late hour, and previously-mentioned apple juice fiasco, there are no pictures. Sorry :) We did get to briefly visit with Ryan's Aunt Jane, Uncle Ross, and cousins that night. They live in China, so it was really fun to see them!
Day 2: Grandpa-Great & Grandma-Great and the Oakley 4th of July Rodeo!
During the day, we spent time with Ryan's Grandpa & Grandma Stanley.
Austin hanging out with Grandpa-Great. He wasn't too sure of Grandpa at first, but he warmed up pretty quickly. Now they are great buddies!
Grandpa took Sam out to their yard and helped him pick fresh strawberries!
Of course Sam had to show Grandma his spoils...
...and then eat them all immediately! (Along with a Cafe Rio quesadilla. Mmmm. I do miss Cafe Rio!)
That evening, we headed up Parley's Canyon to Oakley for their annual 4th of July Rodeo. What? You didn't think we were the rodeo-type? Me either! But we love them!!!
Sammy and Aunt Lew. So cute!
Ryan's mom was so thoughtful and found some CUTE noise-cancelling headphones for Austin. He only kept them on for a short time, but they were stylin'! I love that he looks like he is DJ-ing in this picture.
Sam loved every minute of the Rodeo.
He especially loved the horses, and the cows, and the cowboys!
Me & my little man. And Rashell! I miss you Rashell!
At the end there were fireworks. If you ask Sam what he liked most about the rodeo, he will say THE FIREWORKS!
Part 2 coming soon...
1 comment:
I LOVE your blog Steph. Thanks for all the posts!
Also, David and I have decided to make our blog private. Shot me an email so I can send you an invite.
leahineden (at) gmail (dot) com
Post a Comment