Little Mr. Austin on his way home from the hospital. He is so little in this picture! It is amazing how quickly they change the first two months.
Tummy-Time with Big Brother Sam. This pose is very typical...every tummy time Austin has his buddy right next to him. Laying in the sunshine is not as typical, but always appreciated!
Sammy serenading us with an original composition.
Baby Austin fast asleep. He is so cute when he sleeps I just had to take a picture.
For Christmas this year Ryan's whole family came to visit! Yay! We had a really fun week celebrating Christmas, playing games (BS anyone?), checking out some local activities, and mostly just enjoying being together.
Christmas morning!!! This year Sam was actually excited for Christmas. I have Mickey Mouse to thank for educating my 2-yr-old about Santa. He kept saying, "Now now Donald, be nice or Santa won't bring you any presents!" Hahaha.
Here he is with his new tractor from Uncle Carson. He loved it!
Since the family was here, we blessed Austin at church that Sunday. It was nice to have someone else wrestle with Sam during Sacrament Meeting for a change. P.S. Check out Sammy's awesome suit! It was Ryan's when he was little. SO cute.
The Brothers. Does that wild hair look familiar anyone?
Close up of Austin's sweet little face.
Bathtime!!! I just love hoodie towels, don't you?
Christmas Day (after presents) we went to Multnomah Falls in Oregon. It is the second highest year-round waterfall in the nation. To get there we just took a short drive across the river from our house, about 30 minutes or so. Here is the family, minus Mom (taking the picture) and Lauren (Exploring? Not sure where you were Lew). Austin is the bundle of blankets in my arms. It was freezing.
A great picture of most of the falls. For perspective, Lauren is standing on the bridge with her arms in the air. They were quite impressive.
The boys (yes, Austin is there too inside the blankets) and Grandma and Grandpa still at the falls.
Aunt Lew and Austin. I miss those jammies. He is already too big for them! Lew, you are so gorgeous in this picture all I can say is No Fair.
Later in the week the family went to OMSI, a science museum in Portland. Sam had blast there. They had tons of great hands-on exhibits for kids. We are definitely going to go again!
Hanging out in the Eagle's Nest. (Side note...Austin and I opted to stay home. I was really not up to walking around all day. Pure laziness, I know, but I did just have a baby 3 weeks prior.)
Sam tearin up the dance floor! Do you think they have break-dance classes for 2 yr olds? He loves to dance like nobody's business!
Aunt Carly, Sammy, and Austin. So cute.
Mom and Carson making us dinner! Mom kept us all well fed that week. I was so spoiled in December...first my mom cooked for us, and then Ryan's mom. January has been depressing food wise...now I have to cook again! No excuses!
Finally, Sam's first time bowling! He was not happy about it at first, but once he got the hang of it he had a good time.
Well, that was December 2010. It was an awesome and yet exhausting month...Baby, Family, Christmas, New Years Eve... so now what?
1 comment:
Hip Hip Hooray! A blog from Steph! I loved all the pictures, Austin is precious and Sam looks like he is being a good older brother.
OMSI is pretty sweet I have been there a few times myself on various school field trips. Its great for kids AND grownups, way better then the Discovery center thing here at the Gateway.
Post a Comment