Ryan had a few days off after Christmas, so we traded Washington rain for Texas sunshine! Most of the Gibbs clan was there as well. We were just missing the Dyers!
We couldn't wait to try out Grandpa's pool...
...Play some Super Smash Bros with Uncle Paul...
...Chew on EVERYTHING in Grandma's house...
(He was working on some teeth, after all)
...Wrestle & Play with Uncle Chris...
(I call this the "nobody look at me!" photo)
...And to Sam's delight, BUILD with more LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!
The kid is slightly obsessed. Unfortunately, his mean ol' Mom (that's me) won't let him have the "little" Legos at home. What a bore. Good thing Grandma saved them from when Uncle Chris and Uncle Paul were little!
Ryan headed back home after a few days so he could work, but I was lucky enough to stay for another week! Yeah!!! Bring on the good food, extra sets of hands, and unlimited free babysitting!
Some other highlights of the trip? Eli got to hang out with Grandpa Earl in the hallways at church...
(No, I didn't bring my new camera to church. I do have some self-control. One of my dad's friends snapped this on his phone and sent it to us. Precious!)
Grandma (aka Gammy) and I took the big boys to a couple of local parks.
Then, one afternoon, we headed over to the local children's museum. We have gone to the Portland children's museum lots of times, but it was really fun to try out a new place!
Aunt Rae helping Austin with his masterpiece.
Sam working solo on his salt painting.
Hey, look! More building blocks! They just can't get enough.
Who needs pajamas when you can raid Uncle Paul's closet for big t-shirts?
p.s. Anyone notice the wet marks on the couch? That would be Eli.
The best part of being at Grandpa's house during Christmastime...Marzipan & Chocolate.
Only joking. Sort of.
The other best part? Flying time for Grandpa & Sam. Look how cute he is with his headset!
He had such a fun time, he is STILL talking about it.
Eli looks a little concerned Rae :)
Thank you THANK YOU Grandpa Earl and Gammy and Uncle Paul and Aunt Rae and Uncle Chris!
We had a wonderful time!
Getting ready to fly home with my entourage. During our pre-flight check, Sam makes sure we are well informed with the safety card. Austin makes sure we have enough snacks. (We did, thanks to Gammy!)
Eli makes sure we are not overlooked by the flight attendants. I make sure I've got my game face on.
And we made it! After we got home, I made sure to snap a pic of Eli doing his latest trick...pulling up on and cruising the furniture. He is 10 months now! Crazy!!!
Now he can be sure to follow me wherever I go.
And finally, the last big news of January. Austin became a Sunbeam!!! It was a little rough at the start, but now he loves to go to Primary and be with his Sunbeam class, just like a big boy.
How exactly did this happen?? I swear he was just a baby!
Once I got over the "Grandma's House Hangover", it was a great month! Happy January!

No comments:
Post a Comment