Well, as most of you know, It's a BOY! It was quite a surprise when the ultrasound tech announced his gender because we had been so sure it was a girl. I was tempted to say, "Are you sure?" Ryan started laughing and said we are more than halfway to a basketball team. When we picked up Sam & Austin, we asked Sammy if he wanted a brother or a sister. He said, "A sis...no. A brother. I want a brother." Then we said, "Well, you got your wish Sam! It's a brother!" He promptly started doing a happy dance around the entryway and has been excited ever since. Austin doesn't really know what is going on yet, but since his greatest joy is body-slamming and wrestling Sam, I'm pretty sure he will be happy too.
I am always surprised at the detail you can see in the ultrasound pictures. When we started, he was sucking on his fingers. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen.
I always get nervous before the ultrasound, hoping that baby is healthy and developing normally. For whatever reason, seeing his perfect little toes made me calm right down.
Sweet little profile
Everything with the ultrasound went great and baby boy looks healthy and perfect. He is measuring about a week small, so we have a follow up ultrasound in December to make sure he is growing on track. There is a chance my due date will be moved forward a week to March 18th, but it hasn't happened yet.
Not going to lie, I have moved on from shock to panic about the idea of three little boys all 2 years apart. That is an awful lot of wrestling and energy, but it will be lots of fun. At least we can say our house will never be dull. Or quiet. Ever again. Here's hoping I can channel my inner Ann Romney/Andrea Kestner/Linda Delahunty (all amazing moms with 5+ boys in a row) and raise these boys to be righteous dudes :)




1 comment:
Steph!!! This is so exciting!!! You are such an incredible mom, and all three of your boys are so lucky to have you!!! I see years of so many fun construction parties, baseball games, wrestling matches, sunflower seed spitting, and skinned knees... so fun!!! Miss you.
Post a Comment